Our mission is big - We deliver the know-how and technology to capture, share and work actively with the most important data point in healthcare: quality of life!
Our unique approach is creating a software platform that is a certified medical device which captures and analyzes quality of life data. This enables us to actively steer selected pathways, support diagnosis and treatment decisions and monitor short and long term patient recovery.
At heartbeat we have a talented team who are passionate about finding the best solutions to put the patient’s perspective at the center of healthcare. We are a diverse group of designers, engineers, scientists, thinkers and makers from different backgrounds working together to tackle big challenges.
THE TEAM AND STACK
As Senior Backend Developer (d/f/m)
you are a key team member to empower our customers and make patient reported outcomes scalable. You will take ownership for various projects in the team Clinic and work on backend services. As a certified medical device, we stand for securely, reliably and pragmatically engineered product outcomes.
We practice CI/CD and extensively work with E2E, integration and unit to ensure our product's quality.
The technological environment of our product is with React in the frontend and Node.js in the backend. Our software runs hosted in our own data center or on premise in hospitals. In your daily work you will also be able to use new technologies like TypeScript, GraphQL, SQL and Docker.
Our product team consists of 10 international people who work together across Germany. We organize our daily work with Scrum and work in brief sprints. Regular and frequent feedback helps us to review the work, make changes and improve ourselves. Each member has bi-weekly one on ones with their manager to develop their career and to stay aligned. More specifically you will:
- Design and implement APIs, hospital integrations and infrastructures
- Implement various features using technologies like SQL, GraphQL and Docker
- Use your knowledge to take initiative in improving the stability and developer experience of our software
We are looking for highly motivated team players who can work with us to shape the future of heartbeat.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in backend development
- Fluent in programming with Node.js
- Distinct experience in dealing with GraphQL and TypeScript is a plus
- Strong social and communication skills in English
- Proven ability to build understandable, testable and maintainable software
- Advanced knowledge of or a desire to learn about system vulnerabilities and security
Das erwartet Dich bei uns
We know how important work-life balance is, so we place great value on regular working hours and appropriate compensation.
- A great mission: Quality of Life data will drive decision making in healthcare.
- Remote-friendly: We are a digital company. We are a digital company. Our work happens online, work remote from anywhere in Germany or in one of our offices in Berlin or Cologne. Online meetings and regular team events will make you feel part of the team in no time.
- Attractive conditions: Competitive salary, a permanent contract, 30 days of vacation leave, flexible and family-friendly working hours
- Ability to grow with us: We deliver our very best in all we do and hold ourselves responsible for the results. We value opportunities to grow as a team by learning and developing new skills together.
- An open-minded and respectful team: We work in agile Scrum-Teams and are always open to creative solutions. We value every idea and concern within our team.
Klingt nach einer spannenden Aufgabe, oder?
We are looking forward to your application and can´t wait to getting to know you soon!
Seit unserer Gründung 2014 hat sich heartbeat zum führenden deutschen Anbieter für die digitale Erfassung, Verwaltung und Analyse von Patient-Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs) entwickelt. Aktuell arbeiten wir mit knapp 200 medizinischen Zentren, Forschungsprojekten und Registern zusammen und konnten bereits über 210.000 Behandlungen digital unterstützen.
Mit unseren Büros in Berlin (HQ), Köln und London, der geballten Leidenschaft und Power von über 40 leidenschaftlichen Teammitgliedern arbeiten wir jeden Tag daran, die Lebensqualität von Patient:innen zu verbessern.